Comprehensive Professional Systems Inc.
- Our Commitment to Your Privacy:
- Why We Collect and How We Use Information:
- We limit the collection and use of Information to the minimum required to deliver services to your doctor or paying organization and you. Such services include maintaining, reviewing and processing your optical transactions for payment.
- Information We Collect:
- We limit the collection of information we require to the minimum to deliver superior service and to fulfill any legal and regulatory requirements.
- How We Gather Information:
- We get Information directly from your optometrist or paying organization, when you apply for, access and use optical services offered by a participating CPS provider. We may verify this information or get additional information from you, your optometrist or your paying organization.
- How We Protect Information:
- Commitment to Confidentiality:
- We apply our privacy principles to all types of personal information. CPS' Privacy Principles apply to all items containing information about you that could directly or indirectly identify you, whether in electronic or hard copy format, whether original or copied, whether free-standing or networked, and any medical records. We expect technology to continue to change the media upon which personal information is stored, and we intend to extend confidentiality guidelines to any changes as they might come into use.
We use security safeguards and techniques designed to protect our clients and their member's data. We limit access to data to those who specifically need it to conduct their business responsibilities. We permit only authorized employees, trained in the proper handling of your information and our business partners to have access to that information.
We limit the release of information. We do not share your personally identifiable health information for any purpose other than for the administration, claim processing, or other purposes permitted by law without your prior authorization. We do not share personally identifiable information about former clients and their members, for any purpose, except as permitted by law. We never sell personally identifiable information about current or former clients and their members.
- Disclosure of Information:
- We may disclose any Information to or as directed by your paying organization or optometrist when we believe it necessary for the conduct of our business, or where disclosure is required by law. For example, Information may be disclosed for audit purposes, to attorneys or other professionals, or to law enforcement and regulatory agencies, for example, to help us prevent fraud. Except in those specific, limited situations, without your consent, we will not make any disclosures of Information to other companies who may want to sell their products or services to you. For example, we do not sell customer lists and we will not sell your name to a catalogue company or telemarketer. It is CPS' policy to require all third parties other than your doctor or paying organization, that are to receive any information to sign strict confidentiality agreements, and no information will be ever be released to third parties without your written permission.
- Protecting Your Personally Identifiable Information:
- At CPS, we are very aware of your privacy concerns and we share your concerns regarding the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information:
We extend our privacy principles to all of your business relationships. We expect our business partners to honor and follow our privacy principles in the handling of all client and member information. Our business partners include for example, entities that provide specialized services such as dental services. Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to meet our privacy standards and to allow us to audit for such compliance.
We hold our employees responsible. Each CPS employee is responsible for maintaining the client's (and their members) confidence in the company. We provide training and communications designed to educate employees about the meaning, importance, and requirements of the CPS' Privacy Principles. We actively participate in industry associations to support strong and effective privacy guidelines and practices.
- Former Clients:
- To Whom This Policy Applies:
- Access to and Correction of Information:
- If you desire to review any file we may maintain for your personal Information, please contact your paying organization as your first step in obtaining your records. If your paying organization or you notifies us that any Information is incorrect, we will review it. If we agree, we will correct our records. If we do not agree, you may submit a short statement of dispute, which we will include in all future disclosures of the disputed Information. Information collected in connection with, or in anticipation of, any claim or legal proceeding will not be made available.
- Further Information:
As we move forward in developing new services, we will continue to maintain our dedication to assuring that your information is properly used and appropriately safeguarded. CPS may change this statement and policy from time to time. We will advise you on any changes to this policy and will notify you each year of our current privacy principles..